Why should you create a Facebook Business Fan Page?
One quick glance at Facebook’s statistics and it’s easy to realize why your business needs to have its own Facebook business fan page. Recent social search additions to Google and Bing will now have Facebook 500 million plus users affecting SEO. Having a Facebook Business Page is going to increase your web presence connecting you with current and potential customers. Your Business Page is where you can promote the content you create, including blogsite articles, webinars or other resources, services and products. The price point of free is also attractive.
To get the most benefit out your Business Page we will be creating it under your Personal Profile.
The Facebook system of Pages and Profiles is confusing, but remember Personal Profiles have are for people and connect through friends and Facebook Pages are for businesses and connect through fans.
Don’t make the mistake of thinking you can keep your Personal Profile for friends only by setting up another Personal Profile to use for business. Facebook allows one account per user, managing multiple accounts is grounds for termination of all your accounts. Save yourself some grief and set up a Business Page.
Privacy between your Personal Profile and your Business Page is not a problem as they are both completely separate. Your Personal Profile account serves as the administrator to your Business Page.
- Any post or comment made from your Business Page does not reference or show information from your Personal Profile or have your name attached at all and vice versa.
- When you post something on your Personal Profile Wall, your fans on your Business Page will not receive that post. In reverse, posting something on your Business Page Wall, your friends on your Personal Profile will not receive that post.
Creating a Business Fan Page
- Select a category for your page: choose from Local, Brand, Product or Organization, or Artist, Band or Public Figure. The category can be changed later if necessary.
- Fill in the information: business name, address, phone etc. Check the box next to I agree to Facebook Pages Terms and click Get Started. Please pick your business name carefully as it will be the Business Page name and the basis for the Facebook search. You can secure the page name after 25 fans and change the name up to 100 fans.
- Complete the Security Check by deciphering the annoying text and click Submit.
- In the Create A Facebook Account screen select I already have a Facebook account. Type in your log in Email and Password. Click the Log In button.
You have just created your Business Page! Facebook lands you on a Get Started tab in your page.
Navigate from your Business Page to Personal Profile by clicking Profile or Home from the top left menu. To return to your Business Page select Pages from the left menu under your Profile Photo on your Personal Profile Home Page. You can also create a page from Pages.
The next tutorial will show you how to build your brand by customizing your Business Page profile picture.Sue Surdam | Artizon Digital | WordPress Specialist and Social Media Solutions | 503-577-1035