You’ve created your Facebook Business Fan Page (see Creating a Business Fan Page), now personalize and secure your page by adjusting the settings. Watch the video as I navigate through the fan page settings or just follow the step by step tutorial below.
Let’s look at the settings for your Business Fan Page:
Getting Started Section
You will find most things listed here very much like your personal profile:
- Invite Your Friends
- Tell Your Fans
- Post Status Updates
- Promote the Page on Your Website
- Add Like Box button. You want a Facebook Like Box on your website and we will do an in depth tutorial on it.
- Set up Your Mobile Phone
Click the Edit Page button in the upper right corner to edit your page settings.
- Control posting preferences, this setting allows you the ability to post on your business page as your business or to post using your personal profile. Please note that this has no effect on your posting on other pages or your personal profile.
- Please see Rick’s Tip on Settings for the details.
- Control your page visibility, I am keeping the page private until launch by checking only admins can see this page.
- Select what shows on your wall, the default landing tab and who can add posts, photos, and videos.
- Moderation for blocking terms and profanity.
- Permanently delete the page by clicking the link.
- Your Page Category can be changed at anytime to suit your business.
- Username for your page can be secured after 25 fans.
- Your page name can be changed up until 100 fans.
- Release date, about, description, awards, email and website will show up in the page info tab.
- About text will also show up in the page sidebar
For details on making a custom page profile picture see my post and video.
- Upload an image for your page profile picture.
- Edit thumbnail under the preview image of your page profile picture allows you to “crop” your photo as you did for your personal profile photo
- Remove your picture here by clicking the link.
- Hide the row of photos at top profile by clicking the button.
- Featured Likes choose from all of the pages you have liked as to which ones you want to rotate in and out of the Featured Likes section of your page.
The “Likes” section on your page will show up to 5 pages at a time.
- To gather liked pages for your business visit other pages using Facebook as your business page and like them as your business.
- To use Facebook as your business page go to Account in the right on the top menu and click Use Facebook as Page and click switch next to the page you want, if you have more than one.
- Add Featured Page Owners to show their personal profile photos on the front page in the left sidebar.
- Promote your page with Facebook advertisements, by telling your fans, getting a badge, adding a like box to your website, and sending an update.
Add another admin, the new admin must be a personal Facebook friend.
- Added Apps shows all your applications. Here you can browse for more applications and edit the settings of the ones you have installed.
- I clicked Edit Settings to add the video tab to the front page.
Mobile Email allows you to use your email on your mobile phone to upload photos or status updates.
- Save the provided Facebook email address to your phone as a contact.
- Upload a photo to your page email the photo to the address and include a caption in the email subject line
- Update your status on your page, write in the email subject line and leave the email body blank.
The mobile section also covers how to find your page with Mobile Web, using Facebook with the iPhone, and with Text Messaging (SMS).
View and follow your page’s stats. Click the Documentation link to learn more about set up and usages.
Facebook provides this great help section. Ask a question and search for the answer, browse the help topics, check out help discussions and top questions. Also included are links to games and apps and the safety center.Sue Surdam | Artizon Digital | WordPress Specialist and Social Media Solutions | 503-577-1035