Your Facebook Timeline Brand Page is in need of a cover photo. You can make a professional looking cover photo for your Facebook Business Fan Page using Timeline Cover Banner cover photo maker in minutes.
Timeline Cover Banner is an easy to use online Facebook Pages Timeline Cover Maker. This “mini editor” has all the graphic tools you need to create a customized Facebook Page Timeline cover photo. In just 6 simple steps you can have a professional looking cover photo ready to upload to your Business Page Timeline.
How to use Timeline Cover Banner to Make a Facebook Brand Page Cover
Tip: A blank cover choice is included for those who are planning on using their own photo or a solid color for their cover background.
Design Tip: Choose a simple background if you are planning on adding lots of text and images. Your design elements will stand out.
Background opens in the Timeline Cover Maker Editor. Basic Editing Tools are on the right and include from top to bottom: move tool, eraser tool, paint brush, *rectangle shape tool, *circle shape tool, line tool, text tool, and paint bucket. Custom controls for tools are located in the Tools Option area in the top left.
Undo, redo, clear canvas and clear background buttons are on the top right. The editor also includes zoom, hue, saturation, brightness and contrast adjustments for background photos.
Caution: The Clear Canvas button will completely remove everything. Chose the eraser or the undo/redo buttons to remove single elements.
Click on the cover background and begin typing. Reposition your text if necessary with the Move Tool.
Tip: For best results set your text color and font before you begin typing.
Tip: To remove text highlight it and delete it or back space it out.
Making Photo Adjustments:
- Re-size: Click on an edge square and drag (outward to enlarge or inward to reduce).
- Rotate: Click and drag the top center handle to rotate.
- Reposition: Select the move tool. Click and drag the photo to move.
- Remove: Select the photo and use the Eraser Tool.
Tip: I found saving the cover and then creating the profile photo worked best to assure that everything lines up well. If your profile photo is an extension of your background photo you could save it now too.
Important: Do not change the file name. Leave it as is. You change it after you download it.
If you receive or see any warnings regarding this file, don’t be alarmed. I ran scans on the photos and they were fine. I think it is the odd way of naming them that trips the system.
Use the Move Tool to position the photo and re-size by clicking and dragging the corner.
Design Tip: Make your Facebook Page Timeline photo your logo or something that represents your company. It will be your “brand” that appears on all your pages updates and comments on Facebook.
Your Facebook Page Timeline Cover and your Profile Photo are ready to be added to your Page’s Timeline.
Add Your Cover Photo in 3 basic steps:
1. Open Add a Cover and Click Upload Photo. Select and open your cover photo in the upload box. 2. Position cover by dragging if needed. 3. Click Save Changes.
Edit Your Profile Photo in 3 basic steps:
1. Open Edit Profile Picture and Click Upload Photo. Select and open your profile photo in the upload box. 2. Open Edit Profile Picture and select Edit Thumbnail 3. Drag the image to adjust or check scale to fit and save when finished.
Social Media 101 Artizon Digital Timeline Brand Page with it’s new cover photo.
Added Bonus: Watch the next 4 slides to learn how I used a photo that In Touch Promotions provided as a background for their cover photo.
Bonus: How to Use Your Photo as the Cover Background
Tip: Choose a high quality photo at least 851 pixels wide by 315 pixels wide. The high quality your photo the better. Poor quality photos won’t stand up well to Facebook’s photo compression.
- Reposition your photo by selecting the Move Tool.
- Enlarge or reduce photo size with the Zoom Slider.
- Correct the photo’s hue, saturation, brightness, and contrast with the Photo Editing Tools.
Follow the basic steps previous listed starting with Step 2 to complete your Timeline Page Cover.
Tip: Note their call to action in their brand’s About section. They are making the most of this area by listing their website, phone number, and email. Learn more from their one-minute tip: Make the Most of your About Section in the Page Timeline.
It’s only a few steps to a new cover photo for your Facebook Brand Page Timeline, so why not change it out often. Keep your Brand Page fresh by changing covers – what will your next Timeline Cover be?
More Social Media 101 Timeline Cover Photo Articles:
- How to Make Your Facebook Timeline Cover Photo: The Basics
- Your New Facebook Timeline Cover Photo: Free Cover Picture Sources
- Free Facebook Timeline Cover Photo Makers: How to Use Pic Scatter
- Free Facebook Timeline Cover Photo Makers: How to Use CoverCanvas
- New Facebook Timeline for Business Pages: Need to Know Basics
More Page Timeline Resources:
- Inside Facebook: Timeline for Facebook pages: a complete overview of new features
- HubSpot Blog: The Complete Guide to Setting Up the New Facebook Page Design
- Facebook Help Center: Introducing New Facebook Pages
- Facebook Pages Complete Detailed Photo Guide PDF: Facebook Pages Product Guide
- Mashable: Facebook Brand Timelines: 6 Big Changes Every Marketer Needs to Understand
- Social Media Examiner: 7 New Facebook Changes Impacting Businesses
- Mari Smith: Facebook Timeline for Business Pages – 21 Key Points To Know