The first step in achieving social media success begins with a WordPress blogsite. In today’s competitive market publishing posts gives your business the edge.
Google’s crackdown on “content farm” sites including EZineArticles and HubSpot has been a game changer. Your WordPress blogsite with quality informative posts is exactly what Google wants to promote in search results.
From the Official Google Blog: This update is designed to reduce rankings for low-quality sites—sites which are low-value add for users, copy content from other websites or sites that are just not very useful. At the same time, it will provide better rankings for high-quality sites—sites with original content and information such as research, in-depth reports, thoughtful analysis and so on.
Rick’s Tip: Post articles at least once a week that are informative and useful to your readers. Google has rewarded my efforts at posting high quality articles with an expanded search result for my blog-site, that includes links of interest and a map.
Here are a few more reasons to create your own WordPress blogsite condensed from an article by Nick Stamoulis, President and Founder of Brick Marketing featured on Daily Blog Tips:
1. A blog is one of the best ways to brand yourself and your business on the internet.
2. A blog allows you to give a voice to your business. They are a great way to communicate with consumers in a more informal setting and encourage consumer feedback and conversation.
3. Blogs are a great place to quickly post company news and updates. A blog post announces news immediately.
4. A blog can help establish you as an industry expert. Writing informative blog posts creates a source of information about your industry and creates consumer trust. Becoming an internet go to source brings prestige to your business.
5. Connect with other members of your industry through your blog. Build relationships by inviting them to write guest post posts or offering to write a guest post for their blog.
6. Committing to posting at least once a week on your blogsite can bring you great social media rewards.Sue Surdam | Artizon Digital | WordPress Specialist and Social Media Solutions | 503-577-1035