WYSIWYG Widgets, at last a plugin that adds a text widget that uses the same text editor you use when making a post or page. Now you can easily create lists, add links and add images without having to know HTML – WYSIWYG (What You See is What You Get). Just follow this WordPress plugin tutorial to get started using HTML free text editing in a text widget today
- WYSIWYG / Rich-text / TinyMCE widget editor
- Insert media like images into your widgets
- Create stunning widget content without having to know any HTML
- Create easy lists in your widgets
- Use WP Links to easily link to any of your pages or posts from a widget
- Use shortcodes inside your widget to benefit from other WP Plugins.
IMPORTANT 2013 UPDATE: Backwards compatibility has been dropped with version 2.0. Backup your WYSIWYG Widgets before upgrading or loose your WYSIWYG Widgets.
The plugin has undergone a major revamp and all WYSIWYG widgets are created from the dashboard menu. Follow the directions below to create a WYSIWYG Widget “post”:
- Create a WYSIWYG Widget “post” through the new menu item “WYSIWYG Widgets”.
- Go to your Widgets page, drag an instance of the WYSIWYG Widgets widget to one of your widget areas and select which WYSIWYG Widget to display.
- Go to the front end of your website and enjoy your beautiful widget.
Let’s get started:
- Install the plugin.
- Select widgets from the left menu under Appearance.
- Drag your new WYSIWYG Widget from the widget area into your sidebar widget area.
- Type your title.
- Click on the text area to open the WYSIWYG editor.
- Create your content just as you would for a post or page. *Note: that image size should correspond to the size of the area they will be placed in.
- Click on the Send to Widget button.
- The widget is now filled with HTML text you didn’t have to create. Click Save. Open your site and admire your new content!
Thanks to plugin developer, Danny VanKooten, for his great contribution to the WordPress Community! Visit his website for info on this great plugin and other things WordPress.Sue Surdam | Artizon Digital | WordPress Specialist and Social Media Solutions | 503-577-1035