Sue recently received an email from reader asking for help in removing the 4,000 plus pending comments from her WordPress site:
Help before I jump…is there any easy way to move all of these comments to the trash can with one or two clicks as opposed to having to click on each post and move it to the trash?
The Bulk Comment Remove Plugin to the rescue. It took care of clearing out all the pending comments in this heavily spammed site in a single click. This plugin turned the task from:
…hours and hours of frustration and me saying “I hate this” to me instead saying “take that you spammers”.
To get started grab a cup of coffee and watch the video or follow the written instructions below:
- Step 1. Install the Bulk Comment Remove Plugin
- In your Dashboard open Pluginslocated in the left sidebar.
- Click on Add New. Type in Bulk Comment Remove and click Search Plugins.
- Select Install Now. Click OK when prompted.
- Select Activate plugin.
- Caution this is permanent action so be sure there are no Pending comments you would like to keep. This plugin only deletes Pending comments.
- Click Tools in the Main Menu on the left
- Click on the Bulk Remove Comments link to access the Bulk Remove Comments Screen
- Check Remove all pending comments and Click the Remove button to remove all pending comments.